If you are wondering whether the Invisalign treatment is right for you or not, here are five things that will help you decide better.
- What is Invisalign? Invisalign is a modern way of straightening your teeth without the hassle of wires. Clear, durable and smooth plastic is custom shaped into a set of almost invisible aligners that snap into place whenever you put them on. These aligners need to be replaced with new ones every two weeks to slowly straighten your teeth into their right positions.
- How long do Invisalign need to be worn? Typically, Invisalign are to be worn 22 hours a day minimum, including when you sleep. These treatments can take as little as 20 weeks for some patients. Besides getting your new set of aligners every two weeks or so, you need to schedule an appointment with your dentist every 4 to 6 weeks for assessing your progress and allowing for modifications if required.
- Is Invisalign a better option than braces? Let’s look at the pros and cons of Invisalign as compared with the traditional braces.
- Invisalign are discreet so nobody has to know about your secret cosmetic procedure going on.
- Invisalign are more comfortable since they have no sharp wires and allow the smooth consumption of food
- Invisalign are easily removable
- Invisalign are relatively more expensive than traditional braces
- Some Invisalign treatments (for severe cases) will require braces
- Invisalign call for a change in many lifestyle choices such as drinking of red wine, smoking, etc.
- The plastic used to make the Invisalign can sometimes cause allergic reaction by irritating the gums, so make sure you consult your dentist about any allergies that you may have.
- You can switch to Invisalign from braces pretty easily, but it is still recommended that you consult your dentist first
So, if your dentist recommends Invisalign for treating your teeth, you should not hesitate.