Regular visits to a dentist should be taken seriously as any other task. Be it your regular dental cleaning or addressing dental problems, you should always look forward to your family dentist. There are many concerns related to your dental health which can be cleared only by an experienced dentist.
Charcoal toothpaste has gained a lot of popularity these days due to its various properties. Due to the detoxification properties of charcoal, it’s used in the composition of various toothpaste as well. Just like the two sides of a coin, charcoal toothpaste also has both benefits and side-effects.
At Veneman Dental Care, we have the best team of dentists to listen to your dental concerns and offer the best dental care.
Let’s throw some light on the various aspects of brushing your teeth with charcoal toothpaste.
Benefits of Charcoal Toothpaste: Brushing teeth with charcoal toothpaste has become a fashion trend these days. Those who have been using or used charcoal toothpaste say that it works effectively. However, there is no evidence of how long does charcoal toothpaste take to brighten your teeth and for how long the results last. Some users believe that charcoal toothpaste has worked to remove stains from teeth and bacteria from their mouth. It is often claimed that it removes discoloration from the teeth without bleaching.
But the use of charcoal toothpaste is best when administered by an expert dentist to prevent poisoning or overdose. Therefore, if you want to experiment with charcoal toothpaste, consult your family dentist first.
The Risks associated with Charcoal Toothpaste: There are many risks related to using charcoal toothpaste for brushing your teeth. Your family dentist will point out the following concerns-
- Excessive use of charcoal be it in toothpaste can damage your tooth enamel and gum tissue.
- Charcoal can absorb beneficial items such as some important medications needed for the mouth.
- Long-term use of charcoal toothpaste can cause intestinal blockage and constipation.
- It is important to use regular toothpaste after using charcoal toothpaste to rinse away charcoal residue.
- You cannot use charcoal toothpaste on a regular basis as it doesn’t contain fluoride. Fluoride is a natural cavity fighter and helps fight dental decay.
- The effectiveness of using charcoal toothpaste is scientifically unknown. There is no evidence of charcoal being effective in teeth whitening.
The Dentist’s Suggestions
To have whiter and brighter teeth, our family dentists suggest avoiding staining foods like coffee, wine, tea and tobacco products. It is also recommended to brush your teeth twice daily with regular toothpaste for two minutes along with flossing.
The most important thing is to schedule dental cleaning sessions with our experienced dentists. You can discuss your family’s dental needs and teeth whitening processes with our family dentists. Regular visits to your family dentist are extremely important to ensure good oral health.
A bright smile and healthy teeth begin with your good oral care regime and your dentist working to achieve your goals.