Derrick J. Veneman, DDS, MAGD, FICOI
Highly educated and trained, Dr. Derrick Veneman graduated from the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry in 1986. After practicing as a dentist for a short time in Wisconsin, he returned to Minnesota and joined a practice in Oakdale that he later purchased in 1989. He then founded Aesthetic Dental Arts, P.A. and purchased a practice in his present location in Maplewood. Dr. Veneman opened the Saint Croix Falls office in 2003.
To stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in dentistry, Dr. Veneman maintains memberships in many professional organizations and has held leadership positions, including:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry – Sustaining Member
- Minnesota Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry – President 2004-2006, Board of Directors
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association
- Minnesota Academy of General Dentistry- President 2010-2012, Board of Directors, Membership committee
- Academy of General Dentistry- Master 2012
- Saint Paul District Dental Society
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- International College of Oral Implantologists
- St. Paul District Peer Review
- Orthodontic Study Club – Chicago – Past Vice President
- Misch International Implant Institute
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
Dr. Veneman is a Fellow in the International College of Oral Implantologists, a Master of the Misch International Implant Institute and a Master of the Academy of General Dentistry. In his personal life, Dr. Veneman, his wife, Mary, and their four children currently reside in Pine Springs, Minnesota. They enjoy boating, bicycling, skiing, movies, reading and other outdoor and school activities.
Franklin J. Steen, DDS
Dr. Steen comes to Veneman Dental Care with 30 years experience in preventative and restorative dentistry. Dr. Steen recently closed his St Paul Clinic due to the redevelopment of his office building.
Born and raised in Alexandria, MN, where his father was a dentist, Dr. Steen is a graduate of Concordia College, and the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. He enthusiastically attends continuing education programs with leaders in dentistry. He is a caring and skilled practitioner in all areas of dentistry and has patients dating back to his first months in dental practice.
Dr. Steen is married and has four children. Outside of the office he enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, music, bikes and lake activities at their old-fashioned cabin in Alexandria.